I used to recreate the Star Wars Main Title yearly to gauge how much my virtual orchestra chops may or may not have improved. To me, it’s such an iconic piece that is recognizable by pretty much everyone and is quite hard to pull off with virtual instruments. It’s now been 3 years since my last attempt, and during this time I’ve learned many new techniques.
I finally found time to create a new orchestral template over the last few weeks and had a blast testing it! This excerpt took 2 days to complete and was rather tedious work! It’s far from perfect, but it’s all the time I could afford to spend on it for now! I’m not sure I want to hear the main title again for at least a few days!